Welcome to a beautiful fall weekend! Since it’s Friday, we’d like to remind you to be Free by 5:00 and power down the electronics. It’s a wonderful time of year to be out in nature, so maybe take a walk with the family, make a pile of leaves to play in (if you have them), or simply go out to coffee with someone you love. Slow down and enjoy real time with those around you.
It’s a busy time of year, and we have an abundance of activities and events to choose from if you want to head out into the community. In fact, there are too many to list each week, so we will only mention a few, but you can always check the SLO County’s Calendar of Events or the Tribune’s Events Calendar to find many more options for family fun.
Here are a few happenings for this weekend (click on each for more info):
• SLO Creek Farms Pumpkin Harvest Festival - Saturday, October 27th (if you enjoyed their Apple Harvest Festival, go back for the pumpkins!)
• Pumpkins on the Pier in Pismo Beach - Saturday, October 27th
• Zoo Boo 2012 at the Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero - Saturday, October 27th
• Owl Call Night Hike at Lopez Lake in Arroyo Grande - Saturday, October 27th, 7:30-8:30 pm. (Come and learn about the different species of owls in our area.)
• Giddy Up Round Up: Family Fun Day at the Historic Santa Margarita Ranch - Sunday, October 28th
SLO Classical Academy is not affiliated with any of the above mentioned businesses.