Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's for Dinner?


I'm tired. Are you?  Maybe not this week, but I'm sure some other time, you go searching for that organized (ahem) binder of take-out menus, right?  This week, I'm sharing some family-friendly, personal favorites from around the county.

A&W: I think there is still one in Atascadero.  Their curly fries are so good, they are definitely worth the calorie splurge.

Splash Cafe: Their breakfast burrito with bacon. I know that's not dinner and I don't think they serve it all day, but you need to try one at some point. I have tried breakfast burritos all over town and this is still my personal favorite.

Mo's BBQ:  Fish Tacos. It's been awhile since we've been there but the last time I had their fish tacos and they were fresh and clearly memorable.

Firestone: Steak Cobb Salad and fries.  I just love their fries with my salad.  

Pizza Solo: Chicken Caesar Salad.  Pizza Solo and Mondeo are kind of old school (I was around when they first opened!) but I still enjoy their food. 

Mondeo:  Macaroni and Cheese.  My kids are huge fans of their very cheesy version.  And their meatloaf?  So delicious.

Alphy's: Veggie Salad with Chicken. I know that's kind of an oxymoron, but I like the added protein.  Be sure and get the balsamic vinaigrette!  Actually, I love all of their salads.

Stacked:  I don't have a favorite sandwich, as it depends on my mood, but their sandwiches are rockin.

Umi Sushi: Umi's is very family friendly, which I love. Plus, they serve Korean side dishes which is fun for me personally.  I like getting the box dinner so I can get tempura and something else.  Their brown rice is so good.

Fattee's Pizza:  Order white sauce with your favorite pizza toppings and it elevates the pizza. I'm serious!

And, for those who count on a recipe, here is a link to one of my favorite sandwiches ever.  

Okay, so these are some of my favorites from around the county. What are yours? Chime in with suggestions!  

SLO Classical Academy is not affiliated with any of the above businesses. This post reflects the personal opinion of the author.

4 comments:

Jenny Bischoff said...

A few our family loves are: Chipotle, Village Host pizza in SLO (their "Green Chick-in-a-Dress" is awesome), Branch St. Deli in the AG village, and Thai Dheva in Grover Beach.

Amy said...

We love sushi at Kai Lanas and Crazy Sushi Fever in Atascadero. In Paso, love the Tap Room at Firestone Brewery and Habeneros has great mexican food.

Lisa Boyd said...

If you're in the Los Osos area, Noi's Thai is THE BEST. Also, her sister has a restaurant in Morro Bay called Thai Bounty...YUM!

SLO Classical Academy said...

Sounds great Lisa - thanks for the tip!