Wednesday, April 04, 2012

What's for Dinner?


Easter is next Sunday.  When I think of Easter dinner, I usually think of ham.  In my opinion, ham is an easy way to feed a crowd and using this sauce, also an easy way to wow them.  I have served this numerous times and received many compliments.  The best part? The sauce is so easy! I buy my hams at Costco and then follow the included directions.  I also use their glaze and then serve this apricot-mustard recipe as a sauce on the side. 

Apricot Mustard Ham Sauce


2 c apricot jam
1/4 c mustard powder

Mix ingredients in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Serve on the side.  Or, if you'd like to glaze your ham with this, too, set some aside before boiling and brush your ham with this glaze after 1 hour of baking and every 15 minutes until ham is brown and shiny and has reached the appropriate temperature.


To round out the rest of the holiday meal, I would serve:
Oven-Roasted Asparagus (I like to add some lemon zest)
Kale-Brussel Sprout Salad (Thanksgiving was a long time ago!)
Fresh strawberries or fruit salad
Fresh rolls or crusty bread
Lemon Layer Cake  (This takes a lot of time, but is so delicious)






No comments: