Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's for Dinner?

I am a planner. I typically plan our meals for the week during the weekend so I can do one shopping trip and know each night what we're eating.  Sometimes, we have a busy weekend or I just get lazy and neglect to do so and end up wishing I had!  A few months ago, I heard of someone who plans her meals monthly.  I rebelled at the idea at first but kept thinking about it and found myself intrigued enough to give it try.  The verdict? I LOVE it!  I love sitting down once to plan our meals and my weekly shopping lists practically write themselves.  



Here is a great monthly printable if you'd like to give it a try.  I print a new one each month, but you could laminate a blank one and use a dry-erase pen.  And, here is another menu from a woman who plans breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.  Her menu options are available in Word format so you can edit it and then print.  How about you--are you a meal planner?

The Barefoot Contessa has a wonderful roasted broccoli recipe.  It takes a little more time and thought than steaming, but has wonderful, bright flavors.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!


SLO Classical Academy is not affiliated with any of the above mentioned sites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource! Thanks for posting this. I definitely meal plan. I do one big monthly shopping trip and supplement for fresh produce (or sales) on a weekly basis. Makes life soooo much easier and lets me be creative with my time in the kitchen and less time thinking "what do I make tonight!!"

Anonymous said...

Oops, thought I was signed in to comment. This is Janice. Also meant to say that broccoli recipe is delish!!