Last month, SLO Classical Academy hosted its first ever Down Home House Tour! Participants toured three homes and their home school rooms or schooling areas and then ended with a beautifully catered lunch at Talley Winery. The emcee of the event was Jill Talley, who challenged everyone to find one take-away from each home.
The tour started at Jenny and Paul Bischoff's house. Jenny is the Wednesday NOL (Nice Office Lady) and the Bischoffs have been with SLO Classical for six years.
photos by Penny Malley
Jenny has a dedicated room for school work and it is brimming with wonderful materials, timelines, charts, calendars and art work. Jenny's model is very "user-friendly" from her timeline on the wall, to the timeline on the tri-fold board, she uses every day materials effectively.
1. Timeline on the wall; wire and picture hangers are from Ikea
2. Timeline for the Renaissance made from a tri-fold cardboard display
3. Jill Talley welcoming the group; Number charts and maps visible behind her
4. Calvin's calendar-- appropriate and user friendly for pre-school aged children. Notice the velcro, the words and the pictures
5. Wall hanger housing math manipulative--if you can't see what you have, you can't use it!
A big thank you to Jenny and Paul for opening up their home! Join us tomorrow for the next home. Wednesday is our next campus tour--whom can you invite?