We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Dear friends of SLO Classical Academy -
Well, it's that time again! We are deep into our studies of the American Revolution and all children are preparing for our upcoming Invention Convention, yet we are busily getting ready for our next school year. I would extend a couple of invitations to you:
1. If you are at all interested in SLO Classical Academy next year for your child/ren, please attend one of our Parent Information Nights, which are required for application. These meetings will take place on our campus, and provide a great overview of our programs, working to answer the questions that matter most to you in selecting a school for your family. You will hear from myself, both staff and parents and take a brief tour of the facilities. The meetings will take place as follows:
• Monday, February 2nd, 7:00-8:30
• Thursday, March 12th, 7:00-8:30
• Tuesday, May 19th, 7:00-8:30
2. For all interested persons, we invite you to one of our Think Outside the Box tours. The purpose of the one-hour tours is to introduce you to our extraordinary approach to education. In fact, we want you to experience it. You will hear from a couple of staff, a board member, a teacher and a parent, you will see classrooms live and hear several real-life stories of students and families transformed by their experience at the school. They have been immensely well-received by many guests, and we'd love you to attend.
3. Our 2nd annual Legacy Luncheon is scheduled for Wednesday, May 6th! This luncheon is our primary means of raising funds that supplement tuition to make our school possible. As a non-profit organization, we are dependent upon people who share our vision for children, education and/or the community. Please think about whether or not joining us is something you might do.
RSVP's are wonderful, but not necessary for the first two events listed above. Please send word of attending or any other questions to email@example.com, or give us a call at 548-8700.
One other important announcement - we are adding a 5 day per week kindergarten class! We will continue to invest in and build our current classroom/home school model, but at the request of several families, will be piloting a kindergarten class this fall where students will attend Monday - Friday, following our current classical model.
As always, if you would like to be taken off this email list, please just let us know by replying to this email with a "please remove me from your list" message and we will happily do so.
Thanks for your time!
Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire. - Yeats
Friday, January 30, 2009
Here's an email that was sent to our Friends of SLO Classical Academy email list this week. It contains vital information regarding the registration for the 2009/2010. . . and perhaps the biggest news of the year . . . SLO Classical Academy is going to offer a full-time kindergarten class starting the Fall of 2009!