Well, we are five weeks into our first trimester! It has been a great, eventful school beginning — so much has happened we can't believe it has only been just over a month. Here are some highlights of what has been going on at SLOCA:
• We have four wonderful classes that are jelling together
• Students are responding to the teachers, each other, the curriculum and their home schooling and are loving their work
• We have a new and dynamite monthly newsletter
• We've adopted a stylin' new logo
• We have a web site in progress
• We have our first fundraiser going on, working to raise money for classroom furniture
• We have four Academy Classes that our children our thoroughly enjoying - 2 levels of drawing classes, P.E. in the Park for K-1, and sign language.
• Our new systems are working and continue to be refined
• We are experiencing the beginning of a wonderful sense of community
• Field trips are being coordinated and we had our first one together at Avila Barn
• Our teachers are loving our children and growing in our classical focus
• All the paperwork for nonprofit status has been completed and sent off for approval
We think all this is pretty exciting for the school being only five weeks old! Thanks to those who have given your time, energy and hearts to make our dream a reality.
We are already planning for next year, and will begin opening registration in early March. In the meantime, keep up to date with monthly blogs and our web site, which will be announced as soon as it is up and running. As always, if you have questions, comments or encouragements, please call or email us.
Finally, if you are interested in the future of SLOCA, we'd like to invite you to join us during our first fundraiser. We are taking Pampered Chef orders through October 18th and will end with a SLOCA Pampered Chef party set for Monday, October 24th. We'd love to see you there! Time and place is yet to be determined, so if you are interested, please contact us and we will keep you posted. In addition, you can also visit the following web site: www.pamperedchef.biz/wendyrey
Put in "SLOCA" when it asks for the organization name, and the proceeds will be directed to our school.
Susie Theule and Lisa Lewis